CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4/07/2012

Brighten someone's day

+ + +

Do you know what I have noticed? At school hundreds of students pass by each other in the halls each and every day. But do we really get to know everyone? Do we say 'hello' to those we do know? After watching this for a while, a pattern became apparent. Here we all are, surrounded by hundreds of people just like us, and everyone still looks so lonely. I mean, we all have our little group of friends. But no one is looking up or smiling at those people who just need some bright sunshine.
(Psssst. The 'bright sunshine' is you!)

I thought "What could I do to make these people feel happier and more loved?" I wanted to get a megaphone and yell, "You are wonderful! You're doing such a good job in school and you are loved!" I wanted to walk up to random people and hug them, if only to make them smile. But to avoid acting like the crazy girl, I decided to actually look at other people and smile or say hi as I walked the hallways. Maybe it made someone's day brighter or maybe it didn't and I still came across as the crazy girl. But whatever it did, it didn't take much. When you think about other people and show them love by serving them, you can feel God's love for you too.
Win-win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment